Waiting on Wednesday (30th December 2015)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Anyway, here is my WOW pick, let me know what you think and link me to yours!



Riders by Veronica Rossi
Feb 16th 2016 by Tor Teen

Riders (Riders, #1)

For eighteen-year-old Gideon Blake, nothing but death can keep him from achieving his goal of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. As it turns out, it does.

Recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can't remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen--Conquest, Famine, and Death--are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.

They fail.

Now--bound, bloodied, and drugged--Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he's fallen for--not to mention all of humankind--he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.

But will anyone believe him?

Four horsemen of the apocalypse?? Male protagonist?? Veronica Rossi?? I need this like... yesterday! 

8 comments

  1. Riders is without a doubt one of my most anticipated books of the year. I love Veronica Rossi's writing and the concept of this series sounds so interesting.

    - Lois @ My Midnight Musing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also really excited for this one! I love the sound of the premise :D

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riders is one of my most anticipated books of 2016! Hopefully we both enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by and following! I followed you back via GFC and BlogLovin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to this one as well. Hope that you get a chance to read it soon. Happy reading and Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by Veronica Rossi before, but I've almost picked up Under the Never Sky about a dozen times. This one definitely sounds interesting. It might be my first book by her! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also really excited for this release! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. Sounds intense! I've been seeing Rossi's Under the Never Sky books circulating somewhat at our local library --I just read your review of #1 and it seems pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one definitely sounds like an interesting read! Hopefully it lives up to expectations! Great pick, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.