Waiting on Wednesday (5th June 2013)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Tell me what you think! I may not reply back until later since I have an exam today (eeep!) but please do comment with a link to your blog!


The Sound by Sarah Alderson
August 1st 2013 by Simon and Schuster UK


The Sound


When aspiring music journalist Ren Kingston takes a job nannying for a wealthy family on the exclusive island of Nantucket, playground for Boston's elite, she's hoping for a low-key summer reading books and blogging about bands. Boys are firmly off the agenda.

What she doesn't count on is falling in with a bunch of party-loving private school kids who are hiding some dark secrets, falling (possibly) in love with the local bad boy, and falling out with a dangerous serial killer..

Ok, so it doesn't sound like anything particularly groundbreaking, but it does definitely sound fantastic, I'm in love with the colours on the cover as well. Plus, Hunting Lila was great and Fated was a god read as well, so I have high expectations for anything written by Sarah Alderson.


Relativity by Cristin Bishara

September 10th 2013 by Walker Childrens


Relativity



If Ruby Wright could have her way, her dad would never have met and married her stepmother Willow, her best friend George would be more than a friend, and her mom would still be alive. Ruby knows wishes can't come true; some things just can't be undone. Then she discovers a tree in the middle of an Ohio cornfield with a wormhole to nine alternative realities. 

Suddenly, Ruby can access completely different realities, each containing variations of her life—if things had gone differently at key moments. The windshield wiper missing her mother’s throat…her big brother surviving his ill-fated birth…her father never having met Willow. Her ideal world—one with everything and everyone she wants most—could be within reach. But is there such a thing as a perfect world? What is Ruby willing to give up to find out?
I just love me a good 'what-if' book, and the sci-fi alternate universe thing is something that I just love to read about. I will definitely be itching to get my hands on this! Hopefully, some e-arcs will appear sometime soon!

30 comments

  1. I am definitely looking forward to reading The Sound as well! I love Hunting/Losing Lila! Plus any book that includes blogging sounds like a winner to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of both of these books! Relativity has been on my list for a while, but The Sound is new to me, so thanks for sharing, Jade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these books sound great! The Sound is just up my alley! Relativity is the second alternate universe book I've come across today as WoW picks.

    Come stop by!
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! The second one sounds very interesting:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound good. Thanks for stopping by my WOW at Addicted Readers and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lookign forward to The Sound for ages but I've never heard of Relativity! It actually sounds pretty good, thanks for letting us know about it! It shall be added to the TBR! Great picks :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sound has a great cover- the color going from one to the next mix really well. Although the premise of the story is not new, it does sound like there might be something different. We shall see. Good choice! :)

    Here's my WOW- http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-linked/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sound looks pretty good! I will have to check that out :) Great picks!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both sounds really good. Great picks.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. These both sound great!. I haven't heard of either one so thank you so much for sharing. Looks like I'll have to order The Sound from Amazon UK since we don't get it in the US until summer 2014 (I don't believe in waiting, LOL).

    Thanks for checking out my WoW earlier. Good luck on the exam!

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard of these but hope you get to readthem soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello Relativity! This is the first time I am hearing of this but it sounds so awesome! I haven't read much having to do with alternate realities/futures but what little I have read was very interesting! I would add this to my TBR but the goodreads search sucks and I am having trouble finding it at the moment. I hope I remember! Thanks!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing. Both sound good.

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-50-daughters-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These both look really good!! Thanks for sharing :) I love the cover for The Sound

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these look great Jade! Definitely adding both to my TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jade. Both books sound great-Relativity though sound like my kind of book. I love the alternate realities theme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, both of these books sound amazing! Adding them to my TBR list. :)

    My WOW: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your WoW pick sounds so interesting! Adding it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Sound does have a very nice cover. I think I'll read some reviews first before deciding if I want to read it.

    Relativity - the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh I'm loving these covers! Great picks! I might have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both of these picks! They sound great, but I'm really drawn to Relativity. I'll be on the look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really wish that one of the US publishers would finally bring Sarah Alderson's books here. I know I can get them from TBD, but still! That book looks awesome.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm excited for both of these. I can't believe the Sound doesn't come out in the US until 2014! That's too far away to even think about. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the sound of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great picks! I really want to read both of them. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE books with multiple realities! Definitely going on my TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohmygoodness! The covers of these books are super eye-catching. The Sound definitely does sound fantastic! It had me hooked with dark secrets & serial killer. Oh and alternate universes are so interesting! Hadn't heard of either of these books, but now I'm so siked for them. Great picks & thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't heard of either of these book but those covers definitely caught my eye. Thanks for posting and for stopping by My WoW

    New follower

    Brenna@ Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.