Waiting on Wednesday (12th June 2013)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Tell me what you think! I may not reply back until later since I have an exam today (eeep!) but please do comment with a link to your blog!


The Murder Complex by Lindsey Cummings
2014 by HarperCollins/Greenwillow

The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)

Your mind is not your own...

20-year-old Lindsay Cummings' debut novel, THE MURDER COMPLEX, is described as an action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birth rate, and follows Meadow Woodson, a 15-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, kill, and to survive in any situation, and Zephyr James, the orphaned boy she falls in love with, whose sole purpose is to keep her from discovering the haunting truth about her family, even if it puts them both in mortal danger.

This sounds like the book that will make 2014 for me. High murder rate suggests loads of actions as well as the romance and a mysterious family secret? I just can't wait for more info on this book to come out!




Relic by Renee Collins 

August 27th 2013 by Entangled Teen


Relic


After a raging fire consumes her town and kills her parents, Maggie Davis is on her own to protect her younger sister and survive best she can in the Colorado town of Burning Mesa. In Maggie’s world, the bones of long-extinct magical creatures such as dragons and sirens are mined and traded for their residual magical elements, and harnessing these relics’ powers allows the user to wield fire, turn invisible, or heal even the worst of injuries.


Working in a local saloon, Maggie befriends the spirited showgirl Adelaide and falls for the roguish cowboy Landon. But when she proves to have a particular skill at harnessing the relics’ powers, Maggie is whisked away to the glamorous hacienda of Álvar Castilla, the wealthy young relic baron who runs Burning Mesa. Though his intentions aren’t always clear, Álvar trains Maggie in the world of relic magic. But when the mysterious fires reappear in their neighboring towns, Maggie must discover who is channeling relic magic for evil before it’s too late.

This is a fantasy set in Colorado, with showgirls and roguish cowboys and magic and evil... what more could you want. I really cannot wait to read Relic!

21 comments

  1. im also really excited for the murder complex! it sounds different and action filled.
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're really thinking ahead! I'll keep my eye out for The Murder Complex.

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great choices! I "met" Lindsay on Twitter before she sold her book, and so I am VERY excited for her and can't wait to read it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super excited for Relic too! It was my WOW a month or so ago! And I'm excited for Lindsey's book too! Great picks Jade!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! Relic is on my TBR. It looks awesome. This is the first I'm hearing about the Murder Complex and it sounds amazing. I'll definitely be on the look out for that one, too.
    I'm a new follower via GFC. I'd love to have you follow back.
    Good luck on your exam!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for both of these. Great WoW picks!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read RELIC, and I've heard a lot about THE MURDER COMPLEX. Both sound great! Great choices!

    My Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool picks. We're both waiting on Relic this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, I never heard of these, but they BOTH sound really good! GREAT Picks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog Addicted Readers & Commenting! :)

    New GFC Follower: Alicia Batista

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of The Murder Complex but holy cow it sounds awesome. I will have to check it out.

    http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/www-wednesdays-june-12-2/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Relic sounds good, I'm on a fantasy kick at the moment, reading Kristin Cashore's Bitterblue which is possibly my favourite read so far this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm anticipating the murder complex too. i follow lindsay cummings on twitter and i always get excited when she talks about it.

    my WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven´t heard of any of those books. I just add The Murder complex to my TBR list.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! Murder Complex!? A-mazing. Great picks!! Thanks for stopping by my WoW and you have a new follower :) :) :)
    Bethany @ TRV

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier. I love the cover of Relic!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow they sound amazing. I am definitely into that whole trained to kill and survive in every situation. Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of either of these, but they both sound really intriguing! Definitely going on my TBR list.

    Rhaine @ A Bookish Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, The Murder Complex sounds awesome. I'm always down for a gritty action story. Adding it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choices! They sound really amazing! I love the cover for Relic. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of these before, but they sound good. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for dropping by our blog! I'm pretty excited for The Murder Complex. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.