Waiting On Wednesday (20th March 2012)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Another week and another load of books I wish I could list... still, here are my two!
Here are my picks for this week, let me know what you think and add me a link to yours in the comments :)



Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike
July 30th 2013 by Razorbill


Earthbound

Tavia Michaels is the sole survivor of the plane crash that killed her parents. When she starts to see strange visions of a boy she’s never spoken with in real life, she begins to suspect that there’s much about her past that she isn’t being told. Tavia will soon to discover that she’s an Earthbound—someone with the ability to create matter out of nothing—and that she alone holds the key to stopping the Reduciata, an evil society that manipulates global events for its own shadowy purposes. Tavia will ultimately have to make a choice: to come into her powers and save the world from the evil Reduciata or to choose free will and a love of her own.

Evil society? Strange visions? Making matter out of nothing
This one sounds so unbelievably exciting and interesting, plus, Aprilynne Pike is great!


The Shadow Girl by Jennifer Archer
April 9th 2013 by HarperTeen

The Shadow Girl

Sometimes I forget for an hour or two that she's with me. Sometimes I convince myself that she was only a dream. Or that I'm crazy.

For as long as Lily Winston can remember, she has never been alone. Iris, a shadowy figure who mimics Lily's movements and whispers in her ear, is with her always—but invisible to the rest of the world. Iris is Lily's secret.

But when Lily's father is killed in a tragic accident, his cryptic final words suggest that he and Lily's mother have been keeping secrets of their own. Suddenly, Iris begins pushing Lily more than ever, possessing her thoughts and urging her to put together the pieces of a strange puzzle her father left behind. As she searches for answers, Lily finds herself drawn to Ty Collier, a mysterious new boy in town. Together, Lily and Ty must untangle a web of deception to discover the truth about her family, Iris . . . and Lily's own identity
.
This sounds both creepy and mysterious. It's released quite soon but I only just found it!

31 comments

  1. I can't wait for these either!! They both look SOOO amazing! Great picks! I hope you'll love them! Thanks for visiting!

    <333 Inky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for both of these! I have an ARC of The Shadow Girl and it sounds really creepy and mysterious! Earthbound has an awesome cover! Also being the sole survivor of a plane crash and being able to create matter! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh both of these books sound really good. I hope you enjoy them once they're released!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my WOW. Those both sound really good. As if I need to add more books to my TBR but these definitely have to go on there :-) New Follower

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I handn't heard of Earthbound before - definitely checking it out when it's released, it sounds awesome!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)


    Nikki @ There were books involved...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading Wings by Pike, but this one sounds so much better. I will definitely be adding this to my list. Thank you for sharing and for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Wings by Pike so maybe I'm going to pick up this book. And I've read geat things about The Shadow Girl.

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO excited for both of these! The summaries sound so good and I'm dying to read them! Awesome picks! :) And thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been waiting for The Shadow Girl as well.
    Anyways great picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these books sounds amaaaazing, and I haven't heard of either of them! The Earthbound's cover is stunningly beautiful, and the concept sounds friggin awesome! I'm definitely adding both of these to my TBR list :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've passed over Earth Bound a couple of times on Goodreads and other blogs but didn't really pay much attention to it. I'm glad I actually read the summary, it sounds really good! I'll definitely have to pick it up once it comes out--I wish it wasn't so far away!

    I'm following you back :) Can I just say, a volcanologist sounds like it'll be such a fun job! I've never seen a volcano in person but they are so fascinating. I was strongly considering being an archaeologist for awhile because I loved learning about Pompeii in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They both sound good! I like Aprilynne Pike too. Thanks for stopping by mine for Going Vintage and The Avery Shaw Experiment.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Earth Bound looks absolutely fantastic and it has a gorgeous cover, too! Thanks for sharing these. :)
    Also, thanks for stopping by my WoW. ^.^
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool picks! Can't wait to read both :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both books sound really great! I have Pike's Wings series here on my shelf, so I really need to get to that soon!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Shadow Girl sounds interesting.
    <3 the cover and I love some creepy books :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first book definitely grabbed my attention! I will be adding it to my to-read list :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hadn't heard of either of these, but they both sound really good! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited for Earthbound! I hadn't heard of Shadow Girl, but it sounds intense. Definitely one I'll have to keep my eye out for. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen Earthbound before and it looks very interesting! This is the first I am seeing Shadow girl, and based on the blurb it looks like it should be a great read. Thank you so much for stopping by my WoW and following - New Follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gee, this sounds so very mysterious and interesting! It's also very original -- I've never heard of anything remotely like it!
    Thanks for enlarging my TBE pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I really like the sound of the sci fi slant in Earthbound. The Shadow Girl makes me super curious about its conspiracy theory. I love how both these books deal with hidden/mysterious pasts that come to affect the protagonist's future!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the cover of Earthbound. And the cover of The Shadow Girl is CREEPY!! Thanks for sharing these great picks with us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm also looking forward to reading Earthbound (even though I didn't like the author's first series).

    Awesome choices you got there. :3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of these sound so good! I never heard of The Shadow Girl before. It kind of reminds me of the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer a little bit, and I loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely covers :) and both sounds intriguing!

    enjoy your books! and thank you for dropping by my WoW last week =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great choices! Shadow Girl is actually on my TBR list. Hope you get a chance to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have seen Earth Bound and The Shadow Girl around!! The cover of the second is so cool and mysterious, it makes me want to read the book ASAP. Tell me how it goes?

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, it meant so much :D

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  30. Earth Bound sounds incredible doesn't it?! And that cover is just too beautiful for words ♥ Shadow Girl looks really great too - great picks :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier!!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.