Review: Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire

Don't You WishWhen plain and unpopular Annie Nutter gets zapped by one of her dad's whacked-out inventions, she lands in a parallel universe where her life becomes picture-perfect. Now she's Ayla Monroe, daughter of the same mother but a different father—and she's the gorgeous, rich queen bee of her high school. 

In this universe, Ayla lives in glitzy Miami instead of dreary Pittsburgh and has beaucoup bucks, courtesy of her billionaire—if usually absent—father. Her friends hit the clubs, party backstage at concerts, and take risks that are exhilirating . . . and illegal. Here she's got a date to lose her V-card with the hottest guy she's ever seen.

But on the inside, Ayla is still Annie.
So when she's offered the chance to leave the dream life and head home to Pittsburgh, will she take it?
The choice isn't as simple as you think.




This was a fantastic book with an amazing concept and I really enjoyed it and wow, oh and cute Charlie and Annie and oooh i loved this.


If I could sum up this book in one sentence it would be that one up there, I really enjoyed this book WAAAAAY more than I was really expecting to, I thought it would be an alright book with a good concept but I was not sure how it would really work out. I really loved the idea behind this book, I mean who hasn't wondered what life is like on the other side, what nerdy girl hasn't secretly wanted to be in with the popular crowd and not be invisible. It's an age old story - nerdy girl gets popular then realises that life is so much better with the nerds, but this book mixes it up because it throws in a bit of quantum physics... yeah, quantum physics... just a bit of light night-time reading/


So enough about HOW FREAKING AWESOME THE CONCEPT IS and lets get onto how freaking awesome the whole book is. I really loved Annie as a main character, I loved watching her change from the girl who wants to be popular to the girl who realises that there are better, more important things in life. Annie was such a great character to follow because despite her indecision, she was such a consistent character. I also absolutely loved Charlie as well, he was just adorable, his home life was very expected, I knew there had to be something like that, but it was still heartwarming. Bliss and Jade are the popular girls you love to hate, they were cliche and stereotypical, but really that is all they needed to be.


I also need to mention that ending. St. Claire could not have written that ending any better, it was heartwarming and touching and beautiful and sweet and I just loved that ending, it was absolutely perfect.


If I had to find any flaws in this book it's that even though I was excited and anxious to see what was going to happen I never really felt gripped, I could easily put this book down and not read for a few hours.


Overall Rating: A-



Released 10th July 2012 by Delacorte (Random House)
Book received as an eGalley for review via NetGalley

No comments

Tell me your thoughts on the post, the book, the world. I like volcanoes, feel free to tell me about volcanoes.